THUNDERBOLT 3 DOCK
One cable. Connectivity for your world.
Through a single cable, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock brings an unprecedented combination of ports, convenience and power to your Thunderbolt 3 equipped Windows PC or Mac.
CONNECT. WORK. DISCONNECT. GO.
The days of only working at your desk are gone. We’re always on the move bouncing between our desks, meetings and couches — often in a hurry. With a single connection to your notebook computer, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock makes coming back to your desk to work and leaving your desk to run to a meeting, a much quicker endeavor.
THE RIGHT PORTS, RIGHT WHERE YOU NEED THEM
With its 14 ports of connectivity thoughtfully placed, the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock delivers convenience while keeping desktops clutter-free. The dock’s front is designed for the easy connection of your portable devices, headphones and media cards, while the rear features a multitude of ports for your static devices so cables stay out of sight.
POWER TO THE PORTS
Leave your power adapters in your bag! The OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock provides 85 watts of power to your computer via the Thunderbolt 3 connection and has multiple, high-power USB ports to charge your mobile devices. The days of searching for your power adapter are officially over.
DISCONNECT IN ONE CLICK
OWC Dock Ejector safely disconnects all connected drives in a single click. Designed by OWC hardware and software engineers, Dock Ejector ensures all data is written before disconnection, saving time and protecting against data loss. Use it to move quickly between workstations and get the most out of your Thunderbolt 3 Dock.
THOUGHTFUL DESIGN – INSIDE AND OUT
Carefully chosen ports and functionality bring a new world of possibilities to your desktop, but we’ve also worked to ensure the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock is built to last. A seamless design wrapped in a single piece of aluminum brings a rugged exterior to endure your day-to-day, while maintaining a stylish design that complements any workspace.
PRO-TIPS: DAISY-CHAINING WITH THUNDERBOLT DEVICES
With the ability to run up to six devices per port, Thunderbolt ports amplify your laptop or desktop with peripheral power. Learn the basics of daisy-chaining Thunderbolt devices for maximum performance in this handy infographic.
OWC THUNDERBOLT 3 CABLES
A Thunderbolt 3 cable is included with the OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock, but if your workflow demands a longer cable to make the connection, OWC Premium Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Cables are the perfect choice.
2 YEAR OWC LIMITED WARRANTY
OWC is proud to provide outstanding support and warranty coverage to our customers. OWC's industry leading coverage is a testament to the reliability of our solutions. All OWC products are engineered to meet demanding quality standards in order to deliver the most reliable performance available on the market.
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock
- Thunderbolt 3 cable
- External power supply and cable
- Quick start guide
- OS :
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Windows 10 or later
Any Mac or Windows PC with a built-in Thunderbolt 3 port
- High-power USB support is required for compatibility with the Apple SuperDrive and Apple USB keyboard, and is required to enable high-speed charging for Apple iPad, iPhone, and other higher-power capable devices. To enable high-power USB support, an easy software update is required, including restart following this installation.
- (1) microSD 4.0 media card reader
- (1) SD 4.0 media card reader
- (1) Hybrid 3.5 mm headphone / mic jack
- (1) USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C port - power delivery 5V up to 3A (15W)
- (1) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A port - compliant with Battery Charging 1.2 spec
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) dedicated power delivery port supporting up to 85W
- (1) Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) port
- (1) Mini DisplayPort 1.2 (supports DP++)
- (4) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports - with one port compliant with Battery Charging 1.2 spec
- (1) Gigabit Ethernet port
- (1) S/PDIF digital audio output port
Display Support :
- Supports up to one 5K display at 60Hz or two 4K displays at up to 60Hz *2
- Thunderbolt 3 port supports video up to 5K at 60Hz via a native Thunderbolt 3 display or 4K at 60Hz via a Thunderbolt *3 display or a USB-C display adapter
- Mini DisplayPort 1.2 port supports up to 4K at 60Hz
- External UL-listed, universal auto-switching
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50-60Hz
- DC output: 20V, 9A
Enclosure Dimensions :
- Width: 9.0 in (23.0 cm)
- Height: 1.0 in (2.5 cm)
- Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
Enclosure Weight (empty) :
Environmental (Operating) :
- Temperature (°F) 32°F to 104°F
- Temperature (°C) 0°C to 40°C
Environmental (Non-Operating) :
- Temperature (°F) -4°F to 158°F
- Temperature (°C) -20°C to 70°C
- 2 Year OWC Limited Warranty
Both the SD card reader and the microSD card reader are controlled by the same chipset, meaning only one can be in use at a time.
Resolutions and refresh rates will vary depending upon hardware, connections, and OS being utilized. Dock does not support display daisy-chains via MST (Multi-Stream Transport).
Native Thunderbolt 3 display or Thunderbolt/Thunderbolt 2 display using the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.