- New-Gen Wi-Fi Standard – 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology for better efficiency and throughput.
- Connect in your way – You can share the internet from 3G/4G dongle to the router by plug the dongle in a USB port.
- Ultra-fast Wi-Fi Speed – RT-AX53U supports 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
- Increase Capacity and Efficiency – Supporting not only MU-MIMO but also OFDMA technique to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- 4 Gigabit ports – One Gigabit WAN port and three Gigabit LAN ports, 10X faster than 100–Base T Ethernet.
- AiProtection and Parental Controls – helps keep your network protected and allow you to set the time limit for a client's network usage
Get Your Home Ready for WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
The growing number of connected personal and IoT devices has led to an overall increase in network density that is pushing the limits of the current WiFi standard. The latest 802.11ax standard provides future-proof technologies, higher network efficiency, faster WiFi speeds, greater coverage and improved battery life for connected devices, providing a significantly better networking experience for users.
*It requires 802.11ax-compatible devices to enjoy the benefits brought by 802.11ax WiFi standard.
Next-Gen WiFi Speed
RT-AX53U is a 2x2 dual-band WiFi router that provides 80MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections. With a total networking speed of about 1800Mbps — 574Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1201Mbps on the 5GHz band — RT-AX53U is 1.5X faster than 802.11ac 2x2 dual-band routers.
Built for Multi-device Households
With a revolutionary combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology, 802.11ax technology provides up to 4X greater network capacity and efficiency in traffic-dense environments. Previous-generation 802.11ac WiFi can only handle one device at a time on each network channel, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. OFDMA support in the 802.11ax WiFi standard divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple devices* to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously, reducing latency for a smoother, more responsive WiFi experience.
Better Battery Life for Your Devices
Target Wake Time (TWT) allows RT-AX53U to schedule designated intervals for devices to transmit data. This allows them to sleep when there is no need to wait for a router signal, reducing power consumption by up to 7X for significantly improved battery life*.
WiFi that Goes Farther
With the latest 802.11ax WiFi standard featuring OFDMA technology, RT-AX53U provides increased WiFi signal range and better coverage by dividing each channel into smaller sub-channels. These sub-channels have a smaller bandwidth that enables them to travel up to 80% farther1, resulting in a better WiFi connection throughout your home*.
Commercial-grade Security for Your Home Network
ASUS RT-AX58U has lifetime free AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to protect your home network and personal data. This strong security offers advanced parental controls, including the ability to block specific websites and mobile app types.
Powerful Whole-home Wi-Fi System
ASUS AiMesh system is an innovative router system creating a whole-home Wi-Fi network using multiple ASUS routers. AiMesh is powerful, flexible and you can use a mix of ASUS router models. It gives you time-saving central control, and seamless roaming capability.
AiMesh system is Wi-Fi you can rely on - for all your devices, all the time!
Protection for your Home Network
RT-AX53U incorporates ASUS AiProtection, a commercial-grade network security system powered by Trend Micro™ Smart Home Network. With AiProtection, all connected devices are protected, even if they have no antivirus capability of their own — such as IoT devices. AiProtection blocks common internet-based attacks before they reach the network, and if an infected device is detected on the network, AiProtection instantly blocks it to prevent it sending any personal information to malicious servers.
RT-AX53U has one Gigabit WAN port, three Gigabit LAN ports, and USB 2.0 port*. Smart TV, game consoles, NAS storage devices, backup internet and more can now have their own dedicated ports, making RT-AX53U your solid digital home hub.
Robust control and optimization with ASUSWRT
With the ASUSWRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor, and control network applications all in one intuitive area. With fast setup, multi-device detection, and flexible settings, ASUSWRT makes the most of your network performance.
*xActual data throughput and WiFi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
*The external hard drive may need an external power to work with USB application
Model Name : RT-AX53U
Network Standard :
- IEEE 802.11a
- IEEE 802.11b
- IEEE 802.11g
- WiFi 4 (802.11n)
- WiFi 5 (802.11ac)
- WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
Product Segment : AX1800 ultimate AX performance : 1201 Mbps+ 574 Mbps
AX technology : Yes
Antenna : Ex-antennas*4
Processor : Dual-code (4 VPE)
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access)
- Beamforming: standard-based and universal
- 1024-QAM high data rate
- 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
Operating Frequency : 2.4G Hz / 5 GHz
Ports : RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for WAN x 1, RJ45 for Gigabits BaseT for LAN x 3,USB Port x1
Button : WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Switch
- Power x 1
- 2.4G x 1
- 5G x 1
- LAN x 3
- WAN x 1
Power Supply :
- AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz)
- DC Output : 12 V with max. 1.5A current
Package content :
- RJ45 x1
- Adapter x1
- QSG x1
- Warranty Card x1
Product Weight (g) : 346g
ASUS Router APP : Yes
Support Alexa skil : Yes
Support IFTTT : Yes
- AiProtection : AiProtection Classic
- Malicious site blocking : Yes
- Two-Way IPS : No
- Infected Device Prevention and Blocking : Yes
Parental Control :
- Parental Control : Yes
- Parental Control Customized Internet schedule : Yes
Traffic Control :
- Adaptive QoS : Yes
- Bandwidth limiter : Yes
- Traditional QoS : Yes
- Traffic Monitor : Yes
- Real-time traffic monitor : Yes
- Wired Traffic Monitor : Yes
- Wireless Traffic Monitor : Yes
- Website history : Yes
- IPv6 : Yes
- MU-MIMO : Yes
- Wi-Fi Encryption : Open system, WPA/WPA2-Personal, WPA/WPA2-Enterprise, WPA3-Personal
- UTF-8 SSID : Yes
- Guest Network : Yes
- WPS : Yes
- Wi-Fi MAC address filter : Yes
- Wireless scheduler : Yes
- Airtime fairness : Yes
- RADIUS Server : Yes
- Universal beamforming : Yes
- Explicit beamforming : Yes
- IGMP snooping : Yes
- Internet connection Type : PPPoE, PPTP, L2TP, Automatic IP, Static IP
- Dual WAN : Yes
- WAN Aggregation : No
- 3G/4G LTE dongle : Yes
- Port triggering : Yes
- DMZ : Yes
- DDNS : Yes
- Let's Encrypt : Yes
- DHCP Server : Yes
- IPTV : Yes
- LAN Link Aggregation : No
- Manually assign IP address : Yes
- VPN Client L2PT : Yes
- VPN Client OVPN : Yes
- VPN Client PPTP : Yes
- VPN Server IPSec : Yes
- VPN Server OVPN : Yes
- VPN Server PPTP : Yes
- VPN Fusion : No
USB application :
- 3G/4G LTE dongle : Yes
- HDD hibernation : Yes
- Safely Remove disk : Yes
- AiCloud : No
- Download master : Yes
- AiDisk : Yes
- Media Server : Yes
- Time Machine : No
- Samba Server : Yes
- FTP Server : Yes
- Shared Folder privileges : Yes
- Operating mode : Access Point, Media Bridge, Repeater, Router
- Operating system : ASUSWRT
- Free OS upgrade : Yes
- Firewall : Yes
- Wake on LAN (WOL) : Yes
- SSH : Yes
- Configuration backup and restore : Yes
- Diagnosis tools : Yes
- Feedback system : Yes
- System log : Yes
- HDMI、HDMI高畫質多媒體介面及HDMI 標誌為HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. 在美國及其他國家的商標或註冊商標。
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.
- Actual data throughput and WiFi coverage will vary from network conditions and environmental factors, including the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower actual data throughput and wireless coverage.
- Quoted network speeds and bandwidth based on current IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual performance may be affected by network and service provider factors, interface type, and other conditions. Connected devices must be 802.11ac-compatible for best results.